碧海潮声大学生网

查看: 879|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

胡敏读故事记单词——一位作家的法子[第三期]

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2005-9-7 13:29 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
<P>For the last ten years, I have written novels for a living. Though my work, I have been able to <FONT color=#dc143c>accumulate</FONT> a fair amount of wealth. I have been lucky because many of my books have received <FONT color=#dc143c>acclaim</FONT> from literary critics. </P>
<P>My lastest <FONT color=#dc143c>accomplishment</FONT> is a mystery novel. It is a fictional <FONT color=#dc143c>account</FONT> of how a clever and <FONT color=#dc143c>accomplished</FONT> thief, posing as an <FONT color=#dc143c>accountant</FONT>, gains access to the computer system of a large bank. Having extensive knowledge of <FONT color=#dc143c>accounting</FONT>, he and a woman <FONT color=#dc143c>accomplice</FONT> use the bank’s computer system to <FONT color=#dc143c>accomplish</FONT> the biggest theft in history.</P>
<P>To be a good writer, I think you must find a quiet enviornment where you can think, preferably one with limited <FONT color=#dc143c>accessibility</FONT>. Some of my most <FONT color=#dc143c>acclaimed</FONT> work was written at an isolated island hotel off the coast of China. I highly recommend this place.</P>
<P>The island is <FONT color=#dc143c>accessible</FONT> only by boat and the hotel is <FONT color=#dc143c>accredited</FONT> by the Asian Resort Association as a five-star <FONT color=#dc143c>accommodation</FONT>. Upon arrival, the manager will <FONT color=#dc143c>accompany</FONT> you to your room and show you how everything works. The staff is trained to <FONT color=#dc143c>accommodate</FONT> your every need. Any errors in service are purely <FONT color=#dc143c>accidental</FONT>. The security is excellent and there’s little chance of being <FONT color=#dc143c>accosted</FONT> by strangers.</P>
<P>Each room has a balcony with a view of the ocean. On the balcony you will find a large leather chair and a sturdy writing desk. The bathroom is very modern and contains many unique accessories. The most useful bathtub <FONT color=#dc143c>accessory</FONT> is their mini-desk, which allows you to write while soaking in a tub of hot water.</P>
<P>To continue being a good writer, you must find a way to relax your mind after a long day of writing. What’s my secret method of relaxation? Playing the <FONT color=#dc143c>accordian</FONT>!</P>
<P>记单词<BR>accessible adj. 可接近的<BR>accessibility n. 易接近;可到达<BR>accessory n. 附件,零件;小摆设<BR>accidental adj.意外的,偶然的<BR>acclaim n. 赞誉,赞许<BR>acclaimed adj. 受赞誉的<BR>accommodate vt. 1. 容纳,包含;供应(住宿) 2.使适应;迁就,满足<BR>accommodation n. 住处,膳宿<BR>accompany vt. 陪伴,陪同;伴奏<BR>accomplish vt. 完成,达到,实现<BR>accomplished adj. 精通的,熟练的<BR>accomplishment n. 成就<BR>accordion n. 手风琴<BR>accost v. 向人搭话<BR>account n. 1. 记述,描述;报告,报道 2. 说明,解释 3. 户头;账目 4. 理由,根据;考虑<BR>accounting n. 会计学<BR>accountant n. 会计(员),会计师<BR>accredit vt. 1. 委派官员到国外,授权 2. 鉴定……为合格,确认……达到标准<BR>accumulate vi. 堆积,积聚;积累</P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=4>练习</FONT></FONT></P>
<P>备选单词</P>
<P>acclaim, accommodate, accompany, accomplish, accomplished, account for, accumulate</P>
<P>The three main television networks in the United States ____ more advertising dollars than any other medium.<BR>The glacier(冰河)had formed as layer upon layer of snow ______ year after year.<BR>Human labor could still _______ as much work as the early machines.<BR>His house can ______ a meeting of the entire committee.<BR>I need someone to ____me while I play the piano.<BR>These artists achieved widespread popular success and _____.<BR>They were _____ musicians.<BR>She will ____ the man to the restaurant.</P>

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 顶 踩
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-9-7 13:33 | 只看该作者
[replyview]<FONT face=Verdana>答案<BR>account for, accumulate, accomplish, accommodate, accompany, acclaim, accomplished, accompany</FONT>[/replyview]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋| 碧海潮声大学生网  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.   All Rights Reserved.